Mosselman Billet Oil Thermostat with Hardware - S55
The S55 engine is no stranger to oil cooling problems, that’s why we recommend installing the MSL Oil Thermostat. The standard oil thermostat will reach around 120 degrees Celsius with a normal driving style. The MSL Oil Thermostat will open at a lower temperature than the standard oil thermostat (at 85 degrees Celsius) and will keep the temperature stable between 95 and 105 degrees Celsius. Installing the MSL thermostat ensures a cooler oil temperature which will result in more stable performance, but above all this improves the reliability of the engine. It is recommended to install the thermostat, especially for cars that are tuned.
The Thermostat is plug-and-play and made out of a solid block of high-grade aluminum at our own facility. It is equipped with a real thermostat, not an always open solution. The oil will still reach the operating temperature at the same time as a stock thermostat
- 20°C/68F Lower Than Stock
- Rock Solid Housing - CNC machined housing.
- Real Thermostat - Equipped with a real thermostat, not an always open solution.
- For use in hot and cold climates
- Quick Installation - Takes only 30 minutes to install.